Are you tired of the constant hustle and bustle of the holidays? Try a “staycation”.
Even though it is a wonderful thing to get out and see new places and enjoy new experiences, you may not be aware of what’s in your own backyard and neighborhood.
From the December 2018 issue of Real Simple magazine, here are some great ideas on how to have new and different experiences close to home.
- 1 Think global, eat local.
- 2 Learn about another religion.
- 3 Cook
- 4 Host a get together.
- 5 Seek new music.
- 6 Get an old-school pen pal
- 7 Help a newcomer.
- 8 Head to the library.
- 9 Host an international traveler.
- 10 Connect with those nearby to make a difference in their lives.
- Lastly, enjoy your home! Take a long bath, add candles, chocolate, and wine; enjoy your space- hang out on your front porch, barbecue in your backyard, swim, garden, relax, and enjoy!